Monday, February 12, 2007

“If you surrender to the wind, you can ride it."

"If you surrender to the wind, you can ride it."
Toni Morrison


I pray to God now and then. I'm usually surprised by the response I get. I'm not sure if I believe in God but my prayers usually get answered even if it's a big fat "NO."


The last time I prayed in earnest was the weekend of my 6 year old daughter's birthday. I rented a jumping castle and all I wanted was beautiful weather.


So I prayed please let it be beautiful all weekend until the party started.


I have to say my mom is a devout Christian and she was praying for the same thing. So I think my prayers get priority when she joins in.

The party started at 1pm on Sunday. It was cold but dry outside. That was cool because kids in a jumping castle are definitely not cold after jumping for a while.


The weather held for about 2 and half hours. Then it began to pour.


Everyone left and all in all the party was very successful.

Then the amazing thing happened. It began to snow.
We live in Tucson, AZ in the desert so this was pretty magical.


There was enough snow for my husband, my daughter and I to have snow ball fight and build a small snowman and its pet snow cat.

I have to say the weather was beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice story.. I have heard that God always answers prayers, and that He always does the right thing in His way, not ours (even if we don't understand it).

The possible answers He can give us, as I understand it, are "Yes," "No," and "Not yet."

Of course, no one ever promised that our lives on this plane would be without difficulty, but we can take some comfort in the knowledge that we can learn a lot from those difficulties, and that the amount of time we spend dealing with them are but fractions of eternity.